Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth

As most of you now know, my idea of the happiest place on earth is the gym. The gym has been a place where the weak become strong, and the shy become social. Also, for those who can look at themselves in the mirror, the gym is truly heaven. Long ago I fell into two of those three categories. In more recent years, I belong in the last category.

The mirror has been my motivation for change (it never lies). I was out of the gym for about one year. In that time I've gained 8 pounds. Eight pounds may not seem like much, but when you can see a spare tire along with love handles forming around your mid-section, you know it's time to make a change. For the past six weeks I've been attending the gym no less than 4 times a week. Each day I do a cardio workout and for three of those days I incorporate strength training.

The changes up to this point have been gradual, but very noticeable. I have more energy outside of work, and the excess around the mid section has been shrinking. I'm well on my way to having a "shirtless summer" and I owe it all to the happiest place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment