Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Sad Night...

It is a sad night. Tonight my wife's Grandmother passed away. I thought of her as my own Grandmother. Its hard for me to know what to say at this point. Her body is no longer at odds with itself and she is no longer in pain, but I didn't get to say goodbye. It was a pleasure having her as a Grandmother and many memories were created in just the short amount of time I had the pleasure in getting to know her.

While I was dating my wife, I remember my wife telling me that her Grandmother said that I had attractive eyes. That one comment could have been the only thing that kept my now wife from dumping me at the time. Especially, since I really have lots in the way of being attractive (buck teeth, straight boring hair, and ears that stick out).

I will never forget the time she got my wife and me to swing dance in her kitchen. We weren't even engaged at the time either. Not to mention I was still a shy type of guy. Oh, and that wasn't enough. She somehow got me to swing dance with her. I can't help but smile when I think back to that time.

The holidays are going to be different. The table cloth will be a little cleaner after eating and desert will come a little faster. The sound of a little toy poodle barking for attention won't be heard either. However, we would endure all of those things to be able to spend another holiday with her.

It is a sad night. The world just lost another wonderful human life. However, the memories that she left behind will live on and brighten the lives of those who knew and loved her.

No comments:

Post a Comment