Friday, March 5, 2010

Wee Bit of Culture


Can I just start off by saying how thankful I am for choosing my wife for a life partner. There are many things that I would have never experienced had it not been for her (things beside the whole sex thing). With her help I've developed a real taste for theatre (favored spelling of the word), art, sushi, wine and good coffee.

She and I went to the unveiling of the Portland Center Stage 2010 season Monday evening. We will be purchasing the flex pass again for the season. It is truly a great deal. It includes a total of eight tickets that can be used for multiple shows or for just one show (total of 4 shows for us).

As for the shows this season, I think I'll be most anxious to see Love, Janis. It is a musical that was partially crafted from interviews and the actual letters that Janis Joplin mailed home. It will be very interesting to see the other side of Janis played out on stage. Sunset Boulevard is the first musical of the new season. It has to be good if Andrew Lloyd Webber crafted the score, right?

I'm very excited to experience more theatre in the coming year. These shows seem to be the kind of shows that have a purpose. They make the audience think about the world around them. Above all though, I'm especially excited to share all of these moments with the one person who knows me best. I love you wife! Lets make some more lasting memories this coming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment